*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
In this Crocs Bistro Review I want to highlight the design features that separate the Crocs Bistro Clog from the Crocs Classic Clog. I own nine different types of Crocs clogs so I can give you a nice perspective on what makes the Crocs Bistro unique, and how Crocs Bistro sizing compares to other Crocs clogs, and other popular shoes.
**Verify Your Size**: Crocs has a sizing resource to help you find your perfect fit for Crocs Bistro Sizing. Click here to view the sizing information available at Crocs.com (affiliate link takes you to Crocs.com).
Crocs Bistro Information
My Thoughts on Crocs Bistro Clogs
Crocs Bistro Weight
Below is a table comparing how the Crocs Bistro weight compares to the other Crocs clogs that I have tried. All the weights listed below are based off of one size 12 men’s shoe. I also provided links to those clogs in case you want more information on them:
|Type of Crocs||Weight (lbs)||Photo|
|Crocs Classic||0.43||click here to view|
|Crocs Baya||0.43||click here to view|
|Crocs All Terrain||0.56||click here to view|
|Crocs Specialist||0.60||click here to view|
|Crocs Crocband||0.60||click here to view|
|Crocs LiteRide||0.66||click here to view|
|Crocs Bistro||0.73||click here to view|
|Crocs Bistro Pro||0.83||click here to view|
|Crocs On-the-Clock||0.84||click here to view|
Crocs Bistro Design
- No Venting – My Crocs Bistro clogs have no ventilation which makes them more appropriate for work environments than other types of ventilated clogs. They also have a thicker metatarsal area to help protect from things like spills. Here is a look at the closed-toe design on my Crocs Bistro Clogs:
- Slip Resistant – The Crocs Bistro clogs have a slip-resistant outsole tread pattern which makes them better for work environments. This is something that Crocs Classic clogs do not have. Here is a look at the outsole slip-resistant tread on mine:
- Taller Heel – These Crocs Bistro clogs have a taller heel design than the Crocs Classic Clogs. Think of it like a heel cup. This taller heel helps meet certain workplace standards. Here is the heel (right) of my Croc Bistro vs Crocs Classic (left):
- Design – The Crocs Bistro clogs have the standard pivoting heel strap just like the Crocs Classic Clogs. They also have the same type of Crocs “Croslite” foam for a comfortable, lightweight design. They are also offered in a LiteRide version, which provides even softer comfort (more on that next).
Potential Drawbacks to Consider
- Breathability – Because these Crocs Bistro clogs don’t have the standard Crocs ventilation holes, they won’t provide as much breathability as other types of Crocs. Obviously, some work environments demand a closed work shoe. But if you prefer breathability, there will be better options.
- LiteRide – The standard Crocs Bistro just has the normal Crocs “Croslite” foam footbed. I personally love the Crocs LiteRide insoles, and you can buy the Bistro in a LiteRide version for extra comfort under the foot. Click here to view Crocs Pro Bistro LiteRide clog available at Crocs.com (paid affiliate link takes you to Crocs.com). In the video below, I tried to capture just how soft these Crocs LiteRide insoles are:
Crocs Bistro Sizing
In my experience, the Crocs Bistro Clogs is one of the few Crocs clogs that I felt like fit just a bit big on my foot. The fit wasn’t obnoxiously loose, but it was definitely bigger than the Crocs Classic. It has what Crocs calls a “roomy” fit, which is their roomiest, widest toe box. Don’t expect Crocs Bistro clogs (or really any Crocs clogs) to fit narrow.
Here’s my advice: If you prefer a loose fit, then I would recommend ordering your normal sizing for the Crocs Bistro. If you prefer a snug fit, sizing down is probably your best option. The Crocs Bistro has what Crocs calls a “roomy” fit, which is their roomiest, widest toe box. Don’t expect Crocs Bistro clogs to fit narrow.
Below are comparison photos I took for Crocs Bistro sizing. As you can see, the toe box area is wider than most other types of shoes. Crocs Bistro clogs fit longer than the Crocs Classic Clogs (Crocs are not offered in half sizes). I tried to capture that in the photo below.
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Regular Crocs
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Vans
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Nike Air Max
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs New Balance 574
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Adidas Superstar
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Hey Dude
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Nike Dunk
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Reebok Classic
Crocs Bistro Sizing vs Air Jordan 1
Other Crocs to Consider
As I mentioned earlier, I recently tried nine different types of Crocs, including these Crocs Bistro clogs, to compare them on sizing, comfort, and design. To read more, visit my Crocs articles linked below:
- Types of Crocs Styles
- Are There Steel Toe Crocs?
- Crocs Classic Sizing
- Crocs Bistro Pro Sizing
- Crocs On the Clock Sizing
- Crocs LiteRide Sizing
- Crocs Baya Sizing
- Crocs All Terrain Sizing
- Crocs Crocband Sizing
- Crocs Specialist II Sizing
- Crocs Fit Guide
- Crocs with Adjustable Fit
- Are Crocs Comfortable
- Will Crocs Shrink from Extreme Heat?
- Crocs Bistro vs Classic
- Bistro vs Specialist II
Where to Buy Crocs Bistro Clogs
The Crocs Bistro Clog is designed very similar to the Crocs Classic, only the Crocs Bistro doesn’t have ventilation holes around the toe box. Although it can be worn for a wide variety of reason, this lack of ventilation holes makes it a better work shoe than the Crocs Classic, since many employers require a closed toe (best work Crocs).
Just like the Crocs Classic, the Crocs Bistro has a roomy toe box, and I found the Crocs Bistro to fit a bit bigger than Crocs Classics. Because it lacks the ventilation holes, the Crocs Bistro shoe weighs a little bit more than the Crocs Classic, but is still very lightweight (my size 12 weighs 0.60 pounds per shoe).
This is the current price of these Crocs Bistro Clogs available at Crocs.com (paid affiliate link takes you to Crocs.com). In my experience, these Crocs Bistro clogs fit loose. If you prefer a snug fit, you may need to size down.