In this article we discuss Thorogood Moc Toe Sizing for the American Heritage boots. If you are interested in Thorogood work boots, here’s what you need to know about some of their most popular styles:
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
- Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage Boots – These are great factory boots. Made with 100% leather and come with a wedge sole, which is best for a smooth surface. The wedge soles don’t offer the traction of a rugged outsole, but they are more comfortable. If you work on concrete all day, these can help. Made in the USA by union workers. These fit true to size in my experience. Click here to view these Thorogood boots available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). You can also buy these boots with a square heel.
- Thorogood Crosstrex Series Work Boots – These Thorogood Crosstrex boots are more of a modern-style boot. They are a sort of hybrid between a work boot and a hiking boot. Some types of traditional work boots can be bulky and heavy to wear. If you would prefer something that is a little more sleek, modern, and easy to wear, these might be a nice option. These will fit more like a normal shoe than work boots will. Click here to view these Thorogood Crosstrex boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Thorogood V-Series Work Boots – These are more traditional work boots that can work for a wide variety of jobs. They have a waterproof membrane and a goodyear storm welt construction, which can help keep water out. These are best for outdoor jobs, who need a heavy-duty, waterproof work boot, but don’t want to buy a logger boot. These boots can run about a half size bigger than your normal shoe sizing. Click here to view these Thorogood V-Series boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Thorogood Logger Boots – Logger boots are popular boots for lineman, loggers, and farmers. Logger boots have a raised heel, which make them good for climbing and riding. The raised heel also helps keep the foot elevated out of mud and muck. These Thorogood logger boots are made in the USA. These boots have a waterproof membrane and a goodyear storm welt build. True to size. Click here to view these Thorogood Logger boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Thorogood Jump Boots – These side-zip Thorogood Jump boots are a uniform boot. They have ankle-high support, and a removable footbed. The toe cap is shined to give them more of a professional look. 100% leather with goodyear storm welt construction. Expect these to fit true to size. Click here to view these Thorogood Jump boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
In this article we are going to focus on Thorogood Moc Toe sizing for the American Heritage boots. These boots come in both a wedge outsole and a square-heel outsole. The wedge sole version are very popular because of how comfortable they are.
Here is a look at my Thorogood American Heritage Moc Toe Wedge boots:
Thorogood Moc Toe Sizing
The Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage boots are some of the most popular premium work boots on the market. These boots fill a specific need for many types of workers who want something that is both comfortable and tough.
These boots also can work well as casual boots and pair very easily with jeans. The American Heritage boots are those work boots that can be used both on and off the clock.
If you work on a factory floor, or even on some construction sites, you need something that is tough, but also appropriate for that environment. For example, you absolutely don’t need to wear a logger boot if you work in a factory.
Logger boots and other types of heavy-duty outdoor boots use aggressive lug patterns to provide traction in harsh outdoor conditions. If you are working inside, you don’t need that.
You might be looking for a boot that can, yes, provide proper support and toughness, but with a build and style that is more appropriate and comfortable for an indoor environment. Many factory jobs are great opportunities to turn to a more comfortable wedge sole boot.
Wedge soles are comfortable, but don’t have the aggressive lug patterns that outdoor boots use. But again, it’s about matching your needs with a boot.
The Thorogood American Heritage boots (although available also in a square heel outsole) use a wedge sole that creates a boot that combines comfort with a dependable, durable build. Wedge soles are more comfortable than traditional outsoles, and might help take some stress off your feet.
But wedge soles aren’t built for rugged terrain. If you work on uneven terrain, you will likely want a square heel that can help prevent slipping and give you needed traction.
- The good news is the Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage boots are also available in a square heel. This is where you can view the Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage square-heel boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
The Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage boots are 100% leather and made in the USA. They have shock-absorption footbeds.
The Thorogood American boots are available in plain-toe and safety-toe, and come in both moc-toe and round-toe versions. Even though we are focused in this article on Thorogood Moc Toe sizing, you can expect the round-toe version to have a similar fit.
Although the wedge soles don’t use aggressive lug patterns, they are still slip-resistant. Just don’t expect them to provide premium traction on rugged terrain. Best used on concrete, packed dirt, plywood, tile, or other types of smooth surfaces.
If you work on gravel, rough surfaces, or other types of harsh terrain, you will want a more rugged style boot. Again, this boot is offered also with a square heel. This is where you can view the Thorogood Moc Toe American Heritage square-heel boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Below is a look at my used pair of Thorogood American Heritage boots. As you can see, the seams have held up well and the boot itself still holds its shape.
The toes are showing wear and tear, but the seams have not separated and the boot is still going strong. The wedge sole is beginning to show wear, which is to be expected with this much use.
How Do Thorogood Moc Toe Boots Fit?
As we discussed earlier, some types of Thorogood boots fit a half size bigger than normal shoe sizes. In my experience, the Thorogood Moc Toe sizing does not run big. My Thorogood American Heritage boots fit true to size.
I feel like my feet have plenty of room in the toe box with my normal sizing, and it also doesn’t feel oversized. My normal shoe sizing feels very comfortable.
One area of these shoes that I really like is the lace/tongue area against the top of my foot. It is very comfortable against the top of my foot, and doesn’t eat into feet over the course of a work day.
Again, I would recommend ordering your normal shoe sizing. Wide sizing is available for these boots. Overall, these boots are very comfortable to wear and pair easily with work jeans.
Thorogood Sizing Chart
If you are looking for an official Thorogood boot sizing chart, and want detailed information on how a boot might fit, my recommendation is to contact Thorogood directly (info). To read more about how all Thorogood Boot fit, visit our Thorogood Boot Sizing Guide.
Thorogood is owned by Weinbrenner, a shoe company based in the USA. What is cool is they produce a printable PDF form that you can use to help measure your foot, and ultimately determine your Thorogood Boot Sizing. Click here to check it out. **As they note on the form, trying on shoes is the best way to determine fit, but this might help you get started.
Where to Buy the Thorogood American Heritage?
Click here to buy the Thorogood American Heritage boots at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). In general, expect these boots to fit true-to-size. Wide sizing is available. To read more about these boots, visit our Thorogood American Heritage Boot Review.