This article is a review about how Rockport shoes fit. Rockport shoes are famous for comfort, but no shoe is comfortable if it isn’t sized right. In general, most Rockport shoes run true-to-size, but it can vary a bit depending on what type of shoe you pick. Here’s what you need to know about some of the most popular Rockport shoes:
- Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe – Comfortable leather shoe that doubles well as a business casual shoe. Perfect if you are looking for a comfortable shoe to wear at the office. Padded tongue and collar with cushioned foot-bed. This shoe has a true-to-size fit.
- Rockport M7100 Milprowalker – Classic walking shoe with clean design and padded comfort. Also works well for food-service employees who need black shoes (multiple colors available). In my opinion, this shoe runs a bit snug through the middle of the shoe. Order wide sizing if you are concerned.
- Rockport Chranson Walking Shoe – This is another shoe that doubles well as a business casual shoe. These shoes have Rockport’s TruFLEX technology that provides shock-absorbing heel cushioning. These shoes run true-to-size.
- Rockport Northfield Oxford – Classic oxford dress shoe design for those looking for a comfortable shoe to match with khakis or dress pants. Waterproof design makes these oxfords useful even in wet or winter conditions. These oxfords run true-to-size.
- Rockport Dressports Men’s Steel Toe Oxford – If you are supervising a work floor, this is my choice for best steel toe safety shoe. Clean, professional appearance with the safety you need. To read more, visit our article about the best steel toe dress shoes.
Common question surrounding Rockport shoes are:
- Do Rockport shoes run big or small?
- Are Rockport shoes comfortable?
- Do Rockport shoes run narrow?
- How do Rockport shoes compare to other popular brands?
In this article let’s take a deeper look into how Rockport shoes fit, including photos of the Rockport shoes that I own. Rockport is a popular brand because they make very comfortable shoes that are also quite versatile in that they can be used for many different types of professional or casual settings.
***Please note that this article is meant to cover how Rockport shoes fit. If you are interested in Rockport boots, we have a separate article. To read more about Rockport sizing, visit our article How Do Rockport Boots Fit?
How Do Rockport Shoes Fit?
When you think of Rockport, you think of versatility and comfort. Rockport itself states that “we were able to merge the comfort of athletic shoes with the smart, sophisticated look of dress and casual styles.”
Probably my favorite part about Rockport shoes is they really give consumers versatile shoes that can be used both as casual shoes and work shoes. Many of their walking shoes have a professional styling that allows them to double as comfortable business casual shoes.
Several types of their walking shoes also fit in perfectly as work shoes for those who spend most all of their work day standing. Rockport is well-known for creating shoes that have comfortable designs and cushioned foot-beds.
But for you to enjoy that comfortable construction, you need to get the fit right. So, what can you expect with Rockport shoes? Do Rockport shoes run big or small? Do Rockport shoes run narrow?
Do Rockport Shoes Run Big or Small?
In general, Rockport shoes run true-to-size. Some Rockport boots run a little big, but I have not experienced that same issue with Rockport shoes (with the exception that some Rockport Oxfords run a touch big). I’d recommend sticking with your normal sizing.
One pair of Rockport shoes that I’d like to discuss specifically are the Rockport M7100 Milprowalker. These shoes work as both a walking shoe and a work shoe for those who work on their feet all day – they work especially well for waiters and waitresses who need black shoes for work.
In my experience, these shoes run a little narrow in standard sizing. Now, let me emphasize that you shouldn’t expect all Rockport shoes to run narrow. Most Rockport styles have a true fit that doesn’t feel narrow.
The M7100 Milprowalker, which are one of Rockport’s most popular shoes, is a style that I would recommend ordering a wide sizing if you feel like the narrow fit may be a problem for you. Here is a look at my Rockport M7100 Milprowalker shoes:
These shoes loosen up a bit once broken in, but I would still recommend considering the wide sizing if you fear that the snug fit through the middle of the foot might bother you.
Another very popular pair of Rockport shoes is the Rockport Eureka Walking Shoe. This shoe is very popular because it really fits in to most all occasions, and is not only a walking shoe, but doubles well as a business casual shoe.
It is a leather shoe with a padded tongue and collar and cushioned foot-bed. Expect the Rockport Eureka shoes to run true-to-size. The Eureka shoes do not run narrow. Order your normal sizing.
Most Rockport Oxford shoes run true-to-size. One exception I would point out are the Rockport Colben Oxfords. These shoes tend to run a little big. If you are naturally in between sizes, I would recommend sizing down.
***If you are looking for safety work shoes, please visit our article about the best steel toe dress shoes.
Rockport Shoe Sizing Width
As I mentioned earlier in the article, Rockport prides itself on comfort. They are well-known for making versatile shoes that are easy to wear. To accomplish comfort, they know the importance of offering a wide variety of widths.
Rockport offers shoes in extra-narrow all the way to extra-extra-wide, which makes them unique in comparison to other foot apparel companies.
Now, this doesn’t mean that every model of Rockport shoe will have these specific sizing options, but if you are in need of a unique width, Rockport probably has a solution for you.
Other Brands to Consider
If you want to shop around a bit before you make your decision, there are some other brands to consider. Here are 4 alternative brands to consider if you are looking for comfortable, versatile shoes that can work both as casual shoes and work shoes:
- Cole Haan
- New Balance
If you are looking for business casual shoes that are also very comfortable, my recommendation would be to stick with Cole Haan, Skechers, or Ecco. If you are looking more for walking shoes, I would recommend sticking with New Balance or Skechers.