In this article we discuss Gildan hoodie sizing. In general, most types of Gildan hoodies fit true to size, but it can vary a bit depending on what type of hoodie or sweatshirt you choose. Here’s what you need to know:
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
- Gildan Blend Fleece Hoodie – This is the most popular option, and it has a very standard fit that is consistent with most types of hoodies. Your normal sizing should work for this hoodie. It is pre-shrunk and uses a cotton/poly blend to help reduce shrinking. Click here to view this Gildan hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Gildan DryBlend Hoodie – This Gildan hoodie is very similar to their most popular option, only this hoodie has moisture-wicking fabric to help keep you dry. It also uses pre-shrunk fabric to keep sizing a bit more consistent (still expect a little shrinking). Click here to view this Gildan hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Gildan Lightweight Hoodie – This Gildan hoodie is a lightweight hoodie that fits much like a hooded t-shirt. It is made with polyester, so you won’t have to worry as much about shrinking with this hoodie. This works as a nice summer hoodie for a cool night. Click here to view this Gildan hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Gildan Zip Fleece Hoodie – This is another popular Gildan hoodie. This is a standard zip front hoodie that fits true to size. This hoodie has a cotton-poly blend. The zip front hoodies can act as a nice go-to jacket for a cool spring day. Click here to view this Gildan zip-front hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Gildan Women’s Fleece Hoodie – This is a Gildan hoodie made specifically for women. This is a zip-front hoodie and it fits true to size. It is a preshrunk cotton/poly fabric blend. Click here to view this Gildan zip-front hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
In this article we are going to take a closer look at Gildan hoodie sizing so you have an idea of how Gildan hoodies fit. We will take a specific look at the popular Gildan Fleece Pullover Hoodie (G18500), and how it fits me.
Gildan Hoodie Sizing
Gildan Fleece Pullover Hoodie (G18500)
The Gildan Fleece Pullover Hoodie (G18500) is the most popular type of Gildan hoodie, due to its comfortable fit, and the wide range of colors available. It is also popular because it is a great hoodie to print on. This is where you can see all the different colors available for this Gildan Hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Again, as we discussed earlier, Gildan hoodie sizing will fluctuate a bit depending on the specific type of hoodie you choose. This article is to give you a clearer idea of how Gildan hoodies fit, by taking a specific look at their most popular option.
Although these make for nice around-the-house hoodies, these also can work as budget-friendly hoodie for work. Not everyone wants to spend $60 on a work hoodie.
How Do Gildan Hoodies Fit?
The Gildan Fleece Pullover Hoodie (G18500), in my experience, fits true to size, but does run just a bit shorter than other types of hoodies (photos below). Here I am wearing a size medium (6’2 185):
As you can see, overall the sizing is pretty standard here. I’m always between a medium and large for most clothes, and the length here for me at 6’2″/6’3″ was adequate.
The length and sleeve length in this hoodie is the one part of it that might run a bit smaller than other types of hoodies. For most people, this probably won’t be a huge deal.
Here is a look at my size medium Gildan hoodie compared to a size medium Hanes t-shirt straight out of the package:
As you can see, the chest and stomach runs bigger than a t-shirt. This is typically the case for most hoodies.
The length, overall, is shorter than a t-shirt. Most hoodies do run a little bit shorter than t-shirts, but I’d say the overall length in this Gildan hoodie is about a quarter inch shorter than other types of hoodies.
For example, here is my Gildan hoodie sitting on top of a Hanes Ecosmart hoodie:
If you look at the length, you see the Gildan hoodie on top has a little less total length than the Hanes Ecosmart hoodie:
And here is a look at the sleeve length (Gildan on top). As you can see, the Gildan hoodie also has a shorter sleeve length than the Hanes hoodie:
Both of these hoodies are nice options if you are looking for a standard pullover hoodie to wear around the house. You can also keep these hoodies in your vehicle as a go-to first line of defense when the weather turns unexpectedly bad. To learn more about these hoodies, visit our article Hanes vs Gildan hoodie.
I personally prefer the Hanes Ecosmart Hoodie just because I’m taller and the overall fit is better for me. If you are interested in this Hanes Ecosmart Hoodie, this is where you can check it out at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Where to buy Gildan Hoodies?
Click here to buy the Gildan G18500 Hoodie at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). There is a wide range of colors to choose from. Again, in my experience, you can expect this hoodie to fit true to size, although length may be an issue if you are taller.